Oh mason jars… how I love thee.
Some how any dessert put into a mason jar kicks it up about five notches. Now these trifles aren’t just awesome because of the jar its in, but because of the delicious combination of flavors. White chocolate… raspberry… pound cake… fresh whipped cream.
Yep it’s the ultimate Valentine’s Day dessert that will impress and satisfy your loved one.
Simply use a pound cake, white cake or yellow cake and add a little pink food coloring and you’ve got the base for your trifle.
White Chocolate Raspberry Mini Trifles-In-A-Jar
(makes 8 mini trifles)
1 pound cake/white cake/yellow cake
+ingredients on box
+red food coloring
1 3.4 oz. box Jell-O Instant White Chocolate Pudding Mix
+ingredients on box
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
1 cup whipping cream
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray/grease a 9″ x 13″ pan and set aside. Prepare pound cake/white cake/yellow cake according to directions. Add a little red food coloring before pouring into baking pan. Pour into 9″ x 13″ pan and bake according to directions.
2. Prepare white chocolate pudding according to directions. Refrigerate until pudding has set.
2. Once cake is removed from oven and cooled completely, use a biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter to cut circles from the cake. The circles should be just smaller than the diameter of your mason jars (mason jars do vary in size, so be sure to check before cutting out all your cake circles). Cut 24 cake circles. If you want thinner cake layer, cut each circle in half.
3. Start by putting one cake circle in the bottom of each mason jar. Layer with 1 teaspoon of raspberry preserves, followed by 1-2 Tablespoons of white chocolate pudding. Repeat, starting with another cake circle.
4. Once all of the trifles are finished, pour whipping cream into a large stainless steel or glass bowl. Beat on MEDIUM for 1 minute, then on HIGH for 3-4 more minutes until soft peaks start to form. Sift in 2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar and mix for 1 more minute.
5. Use a star decorating tip or a spoon to put whipping cream on the top of each trifle.
6. Enjoy with your loved ones!