Although I don’t really care for football, I try to pretend to make the boyfriend happy! PLUS, I get to make cute cupcakes like these….
Here are step-by-step directions for making footballs out of TOOTSIE ROLLS!… because lets face it, everyone would so much rather each a tootsie roll football, rather than a fondant one, or a plastic one! 🙂
I made Chocolate Cupcakes filled with Oreo Buttercream, and topped off with Vanilla Buttercream! YUMMM!
So here you go!
1. First unwrap all of the Tootsie Rolls… and microwave all of them on HIGH for 5 seconds. (This makes them more pliable and easier to roll out)
2. Next, roll out the tootsie rolls with a rolling pin. Use an exacto knife to cut into the tootsie rolls, to make a football shape. If any of the tootsie rolls become to hard to roll out, simply reheat for a few seconds in the microwave.
3. Pipe white buttercream using a #2 TIP, first make the line down the center of the football, and them make 3 laces across the top of the center line.
4. Next I injected Oreo Buttercream in the cupcakes, before topping them with the rest of the ButterCream.
5. Next, pipe a large dollop of white buttercream and tint part of the buttercream green for the grass! Enjoy! And eat THESE instead of all that 7 layer dip!!!