Wow, cant believe it guys! Just found out from my brother that NFL players are getting into the cupcake craze also!! Seems that a starting player on the Minnesota Vikings is a big fan of the show Cupcake Wars, and I think this is awesome.
Check out my brother’s article about the player and how he got involved with Cupcake Wars…
Check his blog for updates on everything football related. Or better yet… show your hubby/ boyfriend/ boy toy!
Sick of making holiday-themed desserts? Make your man happy and make some of these cupcakes for Monday Night Football!
I made Chocolate Cupcakes filled with Marshmallow Cream, and topped off with Vanilla Buttercream! YUMMM!
1. First unwrap all of the Tootsie Rolls… and microwave all of them on HIGH for 5 seconds. (This makes them more pliable and easier to roll out)
2. Next, roll out the tootsie rolls with a rolling pin. Use an exacto knife to cut into the tootsie rolls, to make a football shape. If any of the tootsie rolls become to hard to roll out, simply reheat for a few seconds in the microwave.
3. Pipe white buttercream using a #2 TIP, first make the line down the center of the football, and them make 3 laces across the top of the center line.
4. Next I injected Oreo Buttercream in the cupcakes, before topping them with the rest of the ButterCream.
5. Next, pipe a large dollop of white buttercream and tint part of the buttercream green for the grass! Enjoy! And eat THESE instead of all that 7 layer dip!!!