Beer and PIZZA! Staples at any Super Bowl Party.
Now you can make something cute & delicious for all your Super Bowl guests.
These are great for feeding the masses efficiently and quickly!
We got this recipe from our good friends Haley & Kylle, who made it at our one of our family pizza nights. It was by far the favorite pizza.
The caramelization of the onions, pineapple and beer add such a nice compliment to the sweet BBQ sauce and the cilantro helps to brighten all the flavors.
They are sure to be the favorite out of the spread of Super Bowl snacks.
Mini BBQ Chicken Pizzas
(makes 8 mini pizzas)
1 pkg. pizza dough (Trader Joe’s has great pizza dough)
1 chicken breast, boiled and chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
2 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh is best!)
1/2 of your favorite beer
1/2 – 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Boil one chicken breast in a large pot full of water. Remove the chicken, and once cooled chop into small pieces. Set aside for later use.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with olive oil. Set aside. Take pizza dough and divide and roll into 8 golf ball sized balls. Press each dough ball between the palm of your hands to flatten into a 1/4″ thick flat circle. Evenly space the 8 pizza crusts onto your greased cookie sheet.
3. Saute diced red onion, olive and garlic in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are softened.
4. Add the pineapple chunks and cook for 3 more minutes on medium heat.
5. Add 1/2 of your favorite beer (drink the rest – you serve it!) to the skillet and reduce to medium-low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the beer reduces down completely. The mixture will begin to caramelize and become a little sticky.
6. Add 3/4 cup BBQ sauce to the mixture. Bring heat back up to medium-high and simmer for 2 more minutes.
7. Mix in the cooked chopped chicken and evenly coat the chicken with the BBQ mixture.
8. Evenly disperse the BBQ mixture among the 8 mini pizza crusts. Top with a little cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake at 425 degrees for 9-11 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your crust. Once the pizzas have cooled slightly, top with chopped cilantro.
10. Enjoy with an ice cold beer 🙂