No, the title is not deceiving.
It really is true… you can have your candied nuts and EAT. THEM. TOO!
Whenever I’m trying to eat “healthy” (healthy is a very loose term in our household) I can never resist sweets. So I’ve come up with a way to satisfy my sweet tooth, crunchy tooth AND nut tooth all at the same time.
These Sugar Free Candied Pecans are an absolutely delicious fall treat that is easy to make too! Try putting them on top of oatmeal, tossed in a salad or just enjoyed plain. Happy Fall to you all! <3
Sugar Free Candied Pecans
(makes 2 cups)
2 cups pecan halves
1 egg white
1/4 cup (about 15 packets) Nectresse Sugar Free All- Natural Sweetener (found at all grocery stores)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray & set aside.
2. In a large bowl whip 1 egg white until frothy (1-2 minutes). You can use a hand whip or machine whip.
3. In a separate bowl, mix Nectresse sugar-free sweetener, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Pour pecans into the bowl with the whipped egg white. Toss to coat completely.
5. Next, pour the cinnamon-“sugar” mixture into the egg white pecan mixture. Toss again to coat evenly.
6. Spread pecans on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees. Every 15 minutes, toss the pecans so they get baked evenly.
7. Remove from oven and let them cool completely. The longer they cool, the crunchier they will be. Enjoy!