Why is Nutella so delicious and sooo addicting?? Its like peanut butter… I can just eat spoonful after spoonful.
The sea salt in this Salted Caramel & Nutella Rice Krispie Treats recipe balances out the sweetness of the Nutella and the Rice Krispies cereal give it that perfect crunch!
Feel free to try Cocoa Krispies with this recipe as well, as I’m sure it would be delicious!
Salted Caramel & Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
6 Tablespoons butter
1 bag mini marshmallow (10.5 oz)
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 cup Nutella
1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate (I just used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Once butter is melted, stir in the marshmallows, keep stirring until the marshmallow are melted- about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in the cereal and sea salt. Mix well.
4. Place cereal mixture into a pre-sprayed 9X13″ pan & use a silicon spatula to press the cereal mixture evenly into the pan. Set aside to cool.
5. In a small saucepan melt the Nutella, chopped chocolate and shortening over medium-low heat. When the chocolate has melted completely, pour & spread evenly over cereal mixture. Allow the chocolate to set for at least 30 minutes, then cut into squares.
6. Melt the caramel and half and half in small saucepan over low heat.
7. When the caramel mixture has melted, scoop some into a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag with a small hole cut out of the corner.
8. Drizzle the caramel over the tops of the rice krispie treats and serve.
Recipe Adapted from: Dash Of East