Question: What’s better than chocolate, marshmallows & almonds?
Answer: All of those things…. in ICE-CREAM!
I bought my boyfriend the Cuisinart Ice-Cream maker for Christmas. And let’s just say… we are addicted! We make ice-cream at least once a week. Luckily, we work hard at the gym every morning to make up for our ice-cream binges at night 🙂
This is THE BEST ice-cream maker because it whips up fluffy and delicious ice-cream in only 25 minutes! It’s like magic!
We used Ben & Jerry’s Light Chocolate Ice-Cream recipe and added semi-sweet chocolate chips, marshmallows & almonds to the cream mixture.
Light Chocolate Ice-Cream
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup whipping cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Rocky Road Toppings:
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
3/4 cup chopped almonds
1. In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat.
2. Once it is starting to boil, turn it off and pour in the cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Whisk until the chocolate chips are melted and well combined.
3. Stick the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes until the chocolate has cooled.
4. Next beat the eggs with a whisk (in a large bowl) until light and fluffy. Whisk in the sugar, vanilla extract and whipping cream.
5. Next add the cooled “chocolate milk” mixture to the cream mixture.
6. Pour the chocolate cream mixture your lovely Cuisinart Ice-Cream Maker and churn the ice-cream for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes have passed, pour the rocky road toppings into the ice-cream and churn for 2 additional minutes.