I made these ADORABLE cupcakes for a customer. She wanted something cute for her son’s kindergarten Christmas Party… and I thought, what better then these?
Kids don’t like fondant, so these were perfect. Here’s a break down:
-Ears= pieces of Tootsie Rolls
-Red “Rudolph” Nose= Mini Red M&M
-Muzzle= Nilla Wafer
-Eyes= Mini Brown M&Ms
-Antlers= Twist Pretzels
-Fur= Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
These cupcakes are my Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, but really you can do any frosting/cake combination, as long as you color the frosting a light brown color (you don’t want an albino reindeer…or maybe you do?)
1. Frost your cupcakes with chocolate buttercream with palette knife or kitchen knife. It does not have to be completely smooth. A little texture will add to the look of the “fur”
2. Next take 1 pretzel (split in half) and stick both pretzel pieces 1/2″ apart at the very top of the cupcake.
3. For the eyes you will need some extra frosting to act as glue to adhere to your cupcake. Use 2 brown (or blue if your reindeer are Swedish) for the eyes. Placement of the eyes are crucial!
4. Adhere the muzzle with some buttercream to the very bottom of your cupcake, straight down from the center of the antlers.
5. Put a dab of frosting on the back of a mini red M&M and place near the top, center of the muzzle.
6. Soften a tootsie for 5-10 seconds in the microwave to make it more pliable. Take a pea sized piece of the end, roll into a ball. Next pinch on side to reflect a leaf shape. Place flat and press the end of a skewer or knife into the center of the leaf. And you have an ear! Place the ears about 1/2″ from each of the antlers.
7. Give to your favorite little person… or just enjoy them yourself 🙂 These Reindeer Cupcakes are sure to make you smile this Christmas!