Red Velvet + Oreo Truffles?? Yes you read it correctly! These are insanely decadent and perfectly delicious.
These Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownie Bars may sound complicated to make, but they are actually quite simple! The Red Velvet Brownies are made from a doctored up cake mix and the Oreo Truffle layer is made from crushed up Oreos and cream cheese.
Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownie Bars
(makes 16 bars)
1 box Red Velvet cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 package white chocolate pudding mix
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 ounce package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mini Oreos for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, pudding mix, vegetable oil and mix well until thoroughly combined (2-3 minutes on medium of electric mixer).
2. Spray a 9×13 with nonstick cooking spray. I like the baking variety that has flour in it. Then spread the red velvet brownie layer into the pan. It will be VERY thick, use the back of a spoon (or clean hands) to help spread it into all edges of the pan.
3. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (ovens vary so watch closely). Let cool completely before flipping out.
4. Crush package of Oreos in a food processor (or in a large plastic bag and rolling pin).
5. Melt cream cheese for 15 seconds in a microwave to soften.
6. Stir together crushed Oreos and cream cheese until blended smooth.
7. Carefully spread out Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies. Use your hands to help press it down instead of spreading to avoid tearing the brownies.
8.Melt chocolate chips and pour over top Oreo truffle layer.
9. Top with a mini Oreo and give that Oreo a “chocolate chip hat” if you’d like.
10. Let cool competely before cutting into squares (or circles). Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Glamorous Obsessions