Who doesn’t love it?
Everything that pumpkin puree touches becomes moist, fluffy and so delicious.
Once again I made PLENTY of Pumpkin Cupcakes for Thanksgiving. They disappeared within a couple days… that’s always a good thing 🙂
Pumpkin & Cinnamon go together like PB & J.
They just click. Which is why these Pumpkin Cupcakes work so well!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Butter Cream
(makes 22-24 large cupcakes, or 48 minis)
2 cups white sugar
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil (just pretend its not in there, you’ll enjoy the cupcakes more 🙂 )
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine sugar and oil. Blend in vanilla and pumpkin, then beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into cupcake cups.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely before frosting.
Cinnamon Butter Cream:
1 cup softened salted butter
5 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4-5 Tablespoons of heavy cream (or whipping cream)
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Beat softened butter on high for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
2. Mix sifted powdered sugar, vanilla extract, cream and cinnamon into the softened butter all at once.
3. Beat on medium-high for 2-3 more minutes or until the mixture is throughly combined. Add more cream if the frosting is too stiff.
4. Simply use a knife to frost the tops of the cupcakes or use a decorating tip and pastry bag. Top the Pumpkin Cupcakes with a little cinnamon-sugar and eat up!