Peanut Butter and Nutella. A match made in heaven. Add some Hershey’s chocolate frosting and you’ve got the perfect sandwich cookie. These cookies are both simple and insanely delicious.
Added bonus: the cookies will stay chewy for DAYS, all you have to do is keep them at room temperature in a Ziploc bag or in an air-tight container.
Peanut Butter Nutella Sandwich Cookies with Hershey’s Chocolate Filling
(Makes 12 sandwich cookies)
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies:
1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
heaping 1/3 cup Nutella
Hershey’s Chocolate Filling:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/3 cup unsweetened Hershey’s cocoa powder
2-3 cups powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp. heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla together until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda and salt and add to butter mixture. Add Nutella in dollops over the top of the dough. Use a butter knife to swirl the Nutella through the dough. Do not over mix.
3. Chill the dough in fridge for 15 minutes before spooning onto cookie sheet to firm the Nutella. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Bake until slightly brown at edges. Let cool a few minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
4. While cookies are cooling completely, make the chocolate filling.
5. Cream butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy cream on medium until all ingredients are incorporated. Add more powdered sugar or heavy cream to achieve the desired consistency.
6. Use a piping bag or Ziploc bag with one of the corners cut off to pipe frosting onto one of the cookies. Top with another cookie and you’ve got the perfect Peanut Butter Nutella Sandwich Cookie!
Previous post: Thin Crust PERFECT Pizza Dough