Anything dipped in Chocolate is better, right?
The answer is YES!
These Peanut Butter Cookies are so simple and so pretty. Perfect for any gathering!
I love all the crunch from the peanuts, chewiness from all the peanut butter, and richness of the chocolate.
Happy Baking all my little bakers!
Sidenote: The beautiful cutting board in these photos was the last cutting board my talented Danish Grandfather made before he died. So lucky to have this beautiful piece of art!
Peanut Butter Cookies Dipped in Chocolate
(makes 30 cookies)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup quick oats
2 cups semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar and both peanut butters until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until well blended add in vanilla and mix to combine.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combined. Drop rounded tablespoons onto un-greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until just lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooking rack.
6. Once the cookies are completely cooled, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave. Stir every 30 seconds until the chips are completely melted and smooth.
7. Working over the bowl of melted chocolate, spoon the chocolate over 1/2 of the cookie. Allow the excess chocolate to flow back into the bowl. Sprinkle the wed chocolate with chopped peanuts and place on wax paper to harden.
8. Store in an air-tight container and enjoy for up to 3 days for optimum freshness!
Recipe adapted from: My Baking Addiction