Ok bakers, this is the fluffiest, moistest Pumpkin Muffin you will ever eat! The cupcake itself is divine, and then you add the CARAMEL streusel topping, and that just puts it over the top.
Costco makes a delicious Apple Spice Muffin with Caramel Streusel that I’ve been obsessed with ever since I was a little girl. That muffin is the inspiration for this Pumpkin Muffin. However, I am a fan of muffins that aren’t quite as dense as Costco’s muffins, so I decided to lighten mine up a bit, and boy did it work. Its so light and fluffy, it almost melts in your mouth!
This will forever be my go-to recipe for Fall morning baking. Hope you all enjoy! What is your favorite thing to bake on Fall mornings?
Moist Pumpkin Muffins with Caramel Streusel Topping:
1 cups white sugar
3/4 cups vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cups canned pumpkin
1 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoons ground cloves
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Caramel Streusel Topping:
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
2 Tablespoons (18 grams) all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup Hershey’s Caramel Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake/muffin pan with 12 non-stick paper or foil liners OR spray each well with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Prepare Streusel Topping: In a medium bowl, combine sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter and use a fork to crumb the butter into the flour mixture. It should be a coarse mixture. Do not add caramel yet… that will be for drizzling at the end :). 3. Prepare Muffins: Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl combine sugar and oil. Blend in vanilla and pumpkin, then beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into cupcake cups. Add a heaping Tablespoon of streusel topping to each muffin.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Allow to cool.
6. Once cooled, drizzle Hershey’s caramel sauce over the top. Vwalaa! The perfect muffin!
Previous post: Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Chocolate Ganache