These mini yellow cake cupcakes are dressed up with smooth chocolate butter cream and topped with a homemade chocolate chip cookie. Now, lets not forget that they are each STUFFED with cookie dough. Can you say YUMMM?!
Mini Yellow Cookie Cupcakes with Chocolate Butter Cream
(Makes 48 mini cupcakes)
COOKIE DOUGH CENTER:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter, melted
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
1 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 box yellow cake mix
+ingredients listed on box
CHOCOLATE BUTTER CREAM:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup cocoa powder
5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5-7 Tablespoons heavy cream
1.Prepare Cookie Dough Center: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to stir together the butter, sugars, milk and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes, or until the cookie dough is firm. Scoop out dough in small dime size balls (48 balls in all). Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Set aside until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 48 cupcake liners in mini cupcake trays and set aside.
3. Prepare Yellow Cake according to directions. Fill mini cupcake liners 1/2 – 3/4 way full. Take cookie dough out of the freezer and place one cookie dough ball in the center of each cupcake cup.
4. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in cupcake tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. If you’d like to make mini cookie toppers, take the remainder of the cookie dough and roll into small dime size balls. Bake on an un-greased baking sheet for 6- 7 minutes at 375 degrees F.
6. Prepare Chocolate Butter Cream – place softened butter in a large mixer bowl. Beat on medium for 1-2 minutes until butter is creamy. Add cocoa powder to butter and beat for 1 more minute. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract to butter mixture. Mix on medium- adding the heavy cream one Tablespoon at a time until the frosting reaches desired consistency.
7. Pipe chocolate butter cream onto cupcakes and op with mini chocolate chips and a mini chocolate chip cookie. Enjoy!