I might be the only baker out there that had no idea why there is an apostrophe after the “S” in S’mores. (My blond hair is to blame for that life-long blond moment). For all you others out there it simply means- “some more”. You want “some more” “s’mores” – yes indeed!
Glad I could have helped clarify this for one or two of you out there 🙂
Now back to these delicious mini goodies. These Mini Layered S’mores Brownies are made with Ghiradelli brownie mix – my all time favorite brownies. There are baked in a mini cheesecake pan, to create deep dish little brownies that are split in half and layered with graham crackers, marshmallow and topped with chocolate ganache.
Mini Layered S’mores Brownies
(makes 24 mini layered brownies)
1 box brownie mix (I recommend any Ghiradelli Brownie Mix)
+ ingredients the mix calls for on package
5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped, (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup marshmallow creme
12 honey graham crackers (each cut in half)
24 regular sized marshmallows (each cut in half)
1. Spray both mini cheesecake pans thoroughly with olive oil spray.
2. Prepare brownies according to package directions. Fill each mini cheesecake tray ½ way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into each brownie comes out clean. Leave brownies in the cheesecake pan and cool completely. Once cooled, cut each brownie in half. Set the “tops” aside.
3. For Ganache: Place the chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. When cream has come to a boil, pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
4. Put 1/2 of a graham cracker on top of the bottom half of the brownie, top with 1 Tablespoon of marshmallow creme. Use a torch or a broiler to “toast” the marshmallow. Put the top of brownie on top of marshmallow creme.
4. Using a spoon, pour about 1 Tablespoon of ganache over the top of each brownie. While the ganache is still warm, top with more marshmallow and use your broiler or torch again to toast the marshmallows. Eat immediately!
5. These will stay good for up to 2 days, but are best eaten immediately after baking.