Aren’t these just the cutest little buns you’ve ever seen? They are so yummy too! They are fluffy little cinnamon buns – minus the cinnamon and plus the FUNFETTI! Greatest part is, they take only minutes to make!
These would be perfect to surprise your son or daughter on the morning of their birthday or as a yummy after school treat. Enjoy!
Mini Funfetti Cinnamon Buns with Cake Batter Icing
(Makes 16 mini cinnamon buns)
1 – 8 oz. tube crescent roll dough
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup Funfetti cake mix
1/4 cup sprinkles (any color, any style will work)
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
Cake Batter Icing:
3/4 cup Funfetti cake mix
2-4 Tablespoons half and half
1. Preheat oven to temperature listed on the crescent roll package. Spray 16 tins of a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. Roll out half of the dough (4 triangles) and close the seams together by pinching. Flip the dough over and pinch together again. You want to have one large rectangle.
3. Sprinkle the dough with 1/8 cup sprinkles and smooth out with a rolling pin- pressing the sprinkles into the dough.
4. Brush dough with 1 Tbsp melted butter and cover with 2 Tbsp of the cake mix. Brush 1 Tbsp melted butter over the cake mix and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp brown sugar.
5. Roll into a log and cut into 8 equal buns.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 with the other half of the crescent roll dough.
7. Place 16 buns into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the buns are lightly browned.
8. Make the icing: whisk together Funfetti cake mix and half-and-half until fully incorporated and there are no more lumps in the cake mix. Add more or less half-and-half depending on how thick you want the icing. Spoon over warm cinnamon buns and top with sprinkles (optional). Enjoy!
Recipe from: Sally’s Baking Addiction