I’m sure you have all witnessed the Coconut Milk phenomenon on Pinterest.
More specifically, coconut milk whipped cream. Well these little beauties feature the ever-so-light and fluffy coconut wonder. They are Mini Chocolate Cakes with Coconut Whipped Cream.
Perfect for enjoying by yourself, or better yet- with the one you love. (And no that doesn’t have to be a significant other, it could be a friend, gardener or even your dog!)
On another note, how exciting is the Bachelorette? I gotta say, I did not see that extra rose coming last night. And I’m so happy Ryan left…why on Earth did she keep him around so long in the first place?
I’m countin’ down the days til next week’s episode! Make these Mini Chocolate Cakes with Coconut Whipped Cream for next week’s Bachelorette, at least you know your dessert will be good, even if her choices aren’t. 🙂
Mini Chocolate Cakes with Coconut Whipped Cream
(Makes three mini 3″ cakes)
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups hot water
2 teaspoons vanilla
Coconut Whipped Cream:
1 Can Coconut Milk (14 ounces)
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Mini chocolate chips
- Start by putting can of coconut milk and mixing bowl in the fridge overnight. Keep the coconut milk in the refrigerator until cake is baked and cooled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray lightly with olive oil spray, then line two 8” round pans or a 9”x13” pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients listed under “Chocolate Cake” in one big bowl. Mix on medium speed, making sure to stop a few times to scrape down the bowl. Stop mixing once mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s) and bake for 25-35 minutes (depending on what size of pan you are using) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, use a 3” biscuit cutter to cut nine mini cake rounds from the cake. Set them aside.
- Set electric beaters in freezer for a few minutes before you begin making the whipped cream.
- Open can and remove all the solid coconut cream (leaving about 1/4 can of coconut water). Mix cream in chilled bowl, with chilled beaters until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Use three cake rounds per mini cake and layer about ¼ cup of frosting in between each layer and around entire cake. Top with mini chocolate chips if desired and enjoy with the one you love.