These Mini Carrot Spice Muffins are unique because they’re topped with flax granola!
The crunch of the granola was perfect on these little babies and WAY healthier than any streusel topping.
Next up on the Mini Baker blog… HOMEMADE Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins. Stay Tuned my fellow bakers 🙂
Print This Post
Mini Carrot Spice Muffins
(makes 30 mini muffins)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup whole milk
1 cup finely shredded carrots
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup flax granola (or granola of your choice)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a mini muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda and salt. Stir together and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the sugar, brown sugar and vegetable oil. Mix until smooth.
3. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Add in the dry ingredients in two additions, alternately with the milk, mixing each addition just until incorporated.
4. Fold in the shredded carrot and coconut. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Top the batter with 1 tsp. of granola.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan 5 minutes, then remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!