Mini Baker’s Mini Cherry Pies:
Since I’ve been obsessed with Pies this week, I decided to make some mini pies that you can eat with your hands… no silverware necessary! I was actually thinking of McDonald’s Apple Pies that come packaged in a bag and decided that is was a pretty cool idea. But of course I wanted mine to taste NOTHING like McDonald’s pies. haha.
Anyway, the recipe is SO simple:
Print This Post
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust (if you are feeling ambitious I highly suggest to make Mini Baker’s Apple-of-my-eye Crust… these pies will come out much yummier, you can find the recipe here)
- Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Egg Yolk
Other Supplies Needed:
- Cookie Cutters (any shape of choice)
- Rolling Pin
- Floured Cutting Board
- Roll out your dough on your floured surface to an 1/8″ thickness. (If you are making the Mini Baker crust, make sure your dough is chilled, or else it will be hard to roll out evenly).
- Take your cookie cutter and cut out as many shapes as possible. Make sure its an even number or else one of your pies will be topless! We don’t want that! 🙂
- Take your cherry pie filling and put 1 or 2 cherries (and some extra juice) in the center of your shape. Put a piece of dough over the top and seal the edges together with your fingers, or the back of a metal spoon.
- Take one egg yolk and mix it with about a TBSP. of water. Brush on the egg wash. (This will create that pretty, shiny crust!)
- Poke 3 or 4 holes with your skewer, so that your hand pies don’t explode!
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Eat, eat, eat!!!
Or hearts? Which do you all prefer?!
If you don’t like cherry, these hand pies can be filled with
fresh blackberries, apple pie filling, peaches, etc! You pick 🙂