Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Butter Cream Frosting!
Since it is officially Fall, you’d think I’d be baking pumpkin muffins, gingerbread, or sugar cookies… but nope, I’m still in my lemon phase. (I don’t think this phase will ever pass!)
The premiere of Lost Prophets is tonight! It’s a surf film that my talented boyfriend Michel Sandy filmed this year in Australia, Hawaii, Mexico & Indonesia. I’m excited to see the film all cut and perfected. So his reward will be a bunch of Lemon Cupcakes! 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
Print This Post
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 8-ounce cartons dairy sour cream
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Lemon Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 6 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- 4 Tbsp. milk
1. Preheat the
oven to 350 degree F. Line thirty 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to beaten mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. (The batter will be thick.) Stir in lemon peel.
3. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter into each prepared muffin cup.* Bake in the preheated oven about 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Makes 30 cupcakes.
Lemon Butter Cream Frosting:
4. In a medium bowl, beat 6 tablespoons butter & shortening, until fluffy. Gradually add 4 cup sifted powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in 2 tsp. vanilla extract and milk. Beat until light and fluffy.