These mini Chocolate Ganache Brownies with Peppermint Filling are made in a cheesecake pan. I love using a mini cheesecake pan because it makes the brownies perfectly uniform & a great 3-bite size!
The cool & refreshing peppermint icing is a delicious contrast between the rich chocolate-y brownies.
The perfect layered mini brownies for Christmas!
Layered Chocolate Ganache Brownies with Peppermint Filling
(makes 24 mini layered brownies)
1 box brownie mix (I recommend any Ghiradelli Brownie Mix)
+ ingredients the mix calls for on package
5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped, (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon heavy cream
1 Teaspoon peppermint extract
red food coloring (optional)
1 cup peppermint candies, crushed
1. Spray both mini cheesecake pans thoroughly with olive oil spray.
2. Prepare brownies according to package directions. Fill each mini cheesecake tray ½ way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into each brownie comes out clean. Leave brownies in the cheesecake pan and cool completely. Once cooled, cut each brownie in half. Set the “tops” aside. These will be topped with the ganache.
3. For Ganache: Place the chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. When cream has come to a boil, pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth.
4. Using a spoon, pour about 1 Tablespoon of ganache over the top of each brownie. While the ganache is still warm, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
5. Prepare Peppermint filling: With an electric beater with whisk attachment, whisk powdered sugar, cream and peppermint extract. Beat on medium-high for two minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add more powdered sugar or cream to reach desired consistency. Add a couple drop of red food coloring (if you’d like.)
6. On bottom half of brownies, spread 1 Tablespoon of peppermint filling. Top with the ganache topped brownie tops and serve!