Grand Marnier Brownies w/ Vanilla-Orange ButterCream!
Hope you all are doing well! In attempts to move out our final pieces from our childhood homes, up to our new apartment, my boyfriend found a bottle of Grand Marnier. Now, let me tell you, he and I both HATE the idea of taking a shot of straight Grand Marnier. However, I KNEW I could get some good use out of it in baking!
It’s crazy how once you put Grand Marnier into a recipe, it makes it this gourmet, luxurious, “tastes-like-it-took-HOURS-to-make” dessert!
For these little brownie bites, I used my Norpro Mini Cheesecake Pan. It was the perfect size for the brownies because they are quite rich! I topped my brownies with a Vanilla-Orange ButterCream, but they are equally as good without it.
So go get some liquor and BAKE!!
Print This Post
GRAND MARNIER BROWNIES w/ Vanilla-Orange ButterCream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Over low heat, melt chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars and eggs until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes with electric mixer). Add melted chocolate, 3 tablespoons of the Grand Marnier, vanilla and the orange peel, mixing until well blended. Mix in the flour, salt and chocolate chips (on low speed if using an electric mixer).
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Smooth the top. Bake for 30-35 until sides look done and top feels firm. Inserting a toothpick 2 inches from center should come out clean; however, center will jiggle and look undercooked.
- Remove from oven and brush top with the remaining 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier. Cover pan with foil or plastic and cool completely. Cut into 2 inch squares. Store covered at room temperature or they may be frozen. Defrost covered at room temperature.
1/2 cup of salted butter
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon whipping cream (or half & half)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. Grand Marnier
1 tsp. finely grated orange peel
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together until smooth and without lumps. Add more whipping cream to make the buttercream extra creamy!