Ok friends, sorry about the lack of posts in the past couple of weeks… but I think I have a couple pretty good excuses.
1. I graduated from CSULB with an Art Degree in Studio Arts/Graphic Design!! YAY!
2. My boyfriend PROPOSED!!! I’M ENGAGED– double YAY!!
The graduation was of course planned as was my graduation party. However, the proposal came at a total surprise! Here’s the story for anyone who wants to read (if not, just scroll down to read the instructions for my Graduation Cap Cupcakes haha)…
It turns out Michel (my fiance) bought the ring over 3 months ago. He asked my parents permission 5 weeks ago. Everyone knew but me, all of his friends, family, coworkers. They definitely did a good job not spilling the beans!
My parents had told me to come down a day before graduation because we were going to celebrate “Grandmother’s Day” (mother’s day, but for the Granny’s!). The day of “Grandmother’s Day” my parents told me they would be giving me my graduation present before any granny celebrations. My present was of course at the end of a scavenger hunt (since I was a baby my Dad made amazing scavenger hunts for us and now I’m OBSESSED with them!) Michel was the film me (he’s a cinematographer) and be my chauffeur. The scavenger hunt took us all around Carlsbad. At each location there was a poker chip with a letter painted on it. I was told that at the final destination, I’d have to unscramble the letters to find out what my present was.
After about 2 hours of scavenger-ing (?) we can to the final stop. It was a beautiful pond hidden in the business district of Carlsbad. Atop one of the modern block sculptures was the location of the scrabble-style clue. I must say, I’m pretty good at scrabble so I figured it out in a jiffy… the words interlocked to say “Michel Loves Christa“. However, one letter was missing… I immediately said “one is missing!!”, to which he replied “I think I have it right here.” I quickly turned around and found I’m down on one knee with the most beautiful ring EVER!
After the shock/excitement/tears subsided, I said YES! To make this all even more amazing, our entire family was hiding in the bushes on a nearby hill and was watching all of this from a distance.
I couldn’t have asked for a more amazing proposal… it was PERFECT in every way, as is Michel. 🙂
I can’t wait to be Mrs. Sandy!!!
Here’s a few pics of the proposal, for your viewing pleasure! 😀
And now for baking related stuff…
GRADUATION CAP CUPCAKES
-Your favorite Cupcake/Frosting combo
-Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Squares
-Rainbow Sour Belts
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Unwrap each of the Reese’s. Discard (meaning eat) any that have peanut butter peeking through. Next break the Ghiradelli bar into 8 square pieces. Take the sour belt and separate each color out, cut into 1 inch strips.
2. Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 30 sec-1 min.
3. Use the melted chocolate as “glue”. Dab a little melted chocolate on the top of the Reese’s and top with one square piece of the Ghiradelli bar. Next, dab a little “glue” on top of the Ghiradelli square and top with 1 strip (the color of your liking), to act as your tassel!
4. Enjoy with your graduate!