Gluten-Free Banana Cupcakes with Cinnamon Honey Butter Cream
One of my lovely readers Crystal, wrote me saying that my Banana Cupcakes were just as amazing gluten-free… so I had to try it for myself.
She was right! Bananas are that miracle fruit that will make ANY cake super moist. Some gluten-free baked goods end up being dry, but these babies are nothing but moist, fluffy and gluten-free!
*Gluten-Free* Banana Cupcakes with Cinnamon Honey Butter Cream
(Makes 18 regular sized cupcakes)
Gluten-Free Banana Cupcakes:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cup mashed ripe bananas
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (I recommend Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur Flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Honey Butter Cream:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 TBSP. honey
1 tsp. cinnamon
(2 Tablespoon heavy cream- optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tray with 18 cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2. Add the eggs, vanilla, bananas and buttermilk.
3. Sift the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to banana mixture. Fill 18 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
5. In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, honey and cinnamon (and cream optional). Frost your cupcakes. Enjoy!