My fiance said these Strawberry Margs were too sweet for him, but that’s coming from the man who will only drink Maker’s & Coke or Guinness. (this is the same man who can eat 5 cupcakes in one sitting- go figure!).
Anywho, these are great. The Grand Marnier adds some sweetness to the tequila and fresh lime juice. And then there’s the strawberry simple syrup which takes these to the next level.
Conclusion, make these for your girlfriends, not for your man. They are sure to give you a sugar high and alcohol buzz. Yep!
Thank you to How Sweet It Is for this AMAZING recipe!
Fresh Strawberry Margaritasmakes 2-4 margaritas (depending on if you want a kids cup or kings cup)
4 ounces Grand Marnier
3 ounces Tequila
4 ounces lime juice
5 ounces strawberry simple syrup (recipe below)
lime+ fresh strawberries for garnishing
salt + sugar for the rim
1. Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in the mix of margarita salt + sugar. Fill the glass with ice.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds.
3. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices and add 1/2 a strawberry for garnish.
4. Stick a straw in there too, somehow it makes the cocktail even more delicious!
Strawberry Simple Syrup:
1. Combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely. Combine 1 cup simple syrup + 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries in a blender and blend until combined.