Yellow! It’s funny how colors really do make you feel a certain way.
Yellow has that power to make you feel happy, cheery, and free-spirited! I used to take a yoga class where we would meditate using one color to make us feel a certain way.
I usually chose yellow 🙂
Lemon Bars make me feel that same bright & cheery way. Not only because they’re yellow, but because they’re simple to make, have a perfectly flaky crust and a chewy tart citrus topping. These will not disappoint!
Print This Post
Flaky Lemon Bars:
(makes 16 medium-sized bars)
1 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar (plus more for dusting)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 9″ x 13″ pan.
3. For the crust: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and confectioner’s sugar. Cut in butter until combined and crumbly. Press mixture into bottom of pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
4. For the topping: While crust is baking, prepare topping. In a large bowl, add sugar flour and baking powder.
5. Add beaten eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix well and pour on top of warm baked crust.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Once cooled, dust with confectioner’s sugar and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars. Enjoy your lemon bars chilled!
Recipe Adapted from: Bakerella