About a month ago I raved about how great my Mom was, now its time to put the spotlight on my DAD! I’m so grateful to have a Dad who takes time out of his day (almost every day!) to help my husband and I with our new home. He was able to juggle being a firefighter, general contractor, artist all while being a great father, and for that I’m so thankful!
These Father’s Day Tie Cupcakes will put a big grin on any dad’s face. And they’ll put a grin on your face because these cupcake toppers are simple to make & requirement no fondant! The ties are made from Fruit Stripe Gum and the shirt collar is made from Fruit Roll Ups. Its as simple as that!
Make these Father’s Day Cupcakes for the special man in your life; he’ll love them.
(Cupcakes are pictured with beer- this is highly recommended )
Father’s Day Tie Cupcakes
(Makes 12 Shirt & Tie Cupcakes)
Father’s Day Tie Cupcakes:
1 dozen baked & frosted cupcakes of your choice
3 rolls Fruit Roll Ups (or other chewy fruit snack)
1 pack Fruit Stripe Gum (I found it at Michael’s)
- Bake & frost a dozen cupcakes of your choice.
- Unroll the fruit roll ups into a flat sheet. Using a very sharp nice, cut 8 strips in each. (About 2/3” wide x 3” long). Take one strip and put it onto another strip to double up the thickness. This will make the “shirt collar” stand up and be extra sturdy. Shape each into a circle and put on top of the cupcake. Repeat for all 12 cupcakes.
- Next cut a tie shape & hexagon from each stick of gum. This may take a little practice. (I cut three before I got a tie shape I liked, then used that one as a template for the rest of the ties.)
- Using a dab of frosting, adhere the tie to the shirt collar. And you’re done!
- Be sure to refrigerate under serving as the fruit snack may droop at room temperature.