Let’s start off with the giveaway because we all love a great giveaway!
This week Wholesome Sweeteners is offering one of my lovely bloggers a basket FULL of Wholesome Sweeteners goods. Wholesome Sweeteners offers organic sugars and the most delicious black strap molasses you’ve ever had!
One lucky winner with receive ALL OF THIS!!
Here’s a great video featuring delicious Sangria made with Wholesome Sweeteners Agave. Just in time for Valentine’s Day…
To enter the giveaway:
1. “Like” Mini Baker on Facebook : MINI BAKER FACEBOOK PAGE
2. Share THIS GIVEAWAY LINK on Facebook.
3. And leave a comment on this blog post telling us what you’ll use the Wholesome Sweeteners products for.
Giveaway will end FEBRUARY 22nd.
The winner will be chosen by random generator and contacted via e-mail. Best of luck!!
Now for another yummy Vday recipe. These Mini Cherry Chocolate Pies have got to be one of the easiest pie recipes out there! AND they are super festive, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
The recipe features cherry pie filling, bittersweet chocolate disks, and homemade pie super-flaky pie crust. Dig in!
Easy Mini Cherry Chocolate Valentine’s Day Pies:
(Makes 12 mini pies)
Cherry Pie Crust:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon white sugar
1/8 cup vegetable shortening, cold
6 Tablespoon butter, cold and cubed
1/8-1/4 cup ice cold water
Cherry Pie Filling:
1 can Cherry Pie Filling (you will have about 1/2 the can leftover)
12 bittersweet chocolate disks, (or chocolate chips)
1 Egg Yolk
2. Add the shortening and cold butter cubes. Pulse the mixture for about 30 seconds. Work it quickly, so the butter doesn’t get too soft. The mixture will become crumbly, like very coarse cornmeal.
3. Add 1/8 cup of water to the mixture, blend for about 10 seconds. Add the remaining 1/8 water and blend until the mixture becomes one large lump. (You’ll start to hear a thump, that just means the blade is working hard because the flour mixture and butter mixture have joined, and your dough is done!)
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough and use a cookie cutter to cut out 4-5″ circles. Lightly spray a MINI cupcake tray with cooking spray. Place 12 of the dough circles into cupcake tray. Press down lightly.6. Place 1 chocolate disk into the bottom of each crust and fill with 2-3 Tablespoons of cherry pie filling.7. Whisk egg with 1 Tablespoon of water and brush onto crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.8. Pies are best served warm, with a mini scoop of ice cream right on top!
Recipe by: Mini Baker