Today we are getting a couple’s massage! I. CAN’T. WAIT.
If I were a billionaire that would be the first thing I would get- a live in masseuse. No personal trainer, no Louis Vuitton luggage, no Christian Louboutin’s (although that would be nice too)… just a massage every day.
But for now, my husband and I get each other a couple’s massage for our birthdays. It’s so nice to relax with each other and its a present for the both of us! I think tradition will be continuing for many years to come…
These ity-bity Mini Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls were the perfect way to start of a very relaxing Sunday.
The recipe I originally saw was for plain cinnamon rolls, but I decided to jazz it up a bunch since I have large bowl full of fresh blueberries just waiting to be used.
No need to fuss with making dough from scratch- simply use crescent rolls. They give a great buttery, fluffy taste to the rolls.
Enjoy your Sunday!
Print This Post
Easy Mini Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
(makes 16 mini cinnamon rolls)
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1- 8 oz. tube crescent roll dough
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 Tablespoon milk
1. Prepare Blueberry Filling: In a small saucepan combine all four ingredients over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and continue to stir for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and allow it to cool. The blueberry filling will thicken to a jam-like consistency. Cool completely before using on your cinnamon rolls.
2. Preheat oven according to crescent roll dough package directions (mine was 375 degrees.) Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Layout half the dough (4 triangles) on a cutting board dusted with flour. Pinch all the seams together. Flip the dough over and pinch the seams on the back side together too. It will now be one square piece of dough.
4. Use a rolling to smooth the seams and roll the dough into a square about 1/4″ thick.
5. Brush with 1 tablespoon of butter. Top the dough with half of the blueberry filling. Spread out evenly and sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mixture. (You can use more if you’d like!)
6. Roll the dough into a log, sealing the ends so the blueberry filling doesn’t come out the sides. Use a sharp knife to cut log into 8 pieces.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 with the other half of the dough.
8. Place mini blueberry cinnamon rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin.
8. Bake according to package directions.
9. While they are baking, whisk together the milk and sifted powdered sugar. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls. Yum!
*For an even easier recipe, omit the blueberry fillings and make plain Mini Cinnamon Rolls- just as tasty!
Recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats