We went to France for our honeymoon and ironically I had the best chocolate croissant OF MY LIFE here in sunny San Diego before we left for the trip. Don’t get me wrong, we had some amazing croissants there, but the one served to us at The Grand Del Mar has yet to be beat.
These mini croissants are 10X easier than making scratch croissants and will still satisfy you in the same way.
Plus, stuffed with raspberries and chocolate only make them that much better.
Eat them for breakfast or pair them with some frozen custard or hot vanilla dipping sauce, and you’ve got yourself a delicious dessert!
Mini Chocolate Raspberry Croissants with Puff Pastry
(makes 6 croissants)
1 sheet Puff Pastry cut into 6 squares
1 egg (beaten, for egg wash)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
6 Tablespoons raspberry Jam
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. Take puff pastry sheet that is folded in three and cut three columns on the lines. Then cut each column into two pieces.
3. Smear 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam onto one half of each pastry square. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and fold over the corner to make each pastry a triangle shape.
4. Crimp the edges with a fork and brush the top of the pastries with egg wash.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.