I often wonder, why is it so “wrong” to eat cookies or cake for breakfast? After all, it seems to be okay to eat donuts and bagels for breakfast. These little mini croissants are stuffed with chocolate chip cookie dough before they are baked.
They are absolutely heavenly with a big glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee. Golden brown, flaky croissant crust with soft cookie dough inside.
Feel free to make homemade cookie dough or store bought for a quick breakfast treat!
Cookie Dough Breakfast Croissants
(makes 6 croissants)
1 sheet Puff Pastry cut into 6 squares
1 egg (beaten, for egg wash)
1 cup pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough (store bough or homemade)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. Take puff pastry sheet that is folded in three and cut three columns on the lines. Then cut each column into two pieces.
3. Take 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball, flatten slightly and place on one corner of each pastry square. Fold over the other edge of the pastry square to create a triangle, so the dough is hidden inside.
4. Crimp the edges with a fork and brush the top of the pastries with egg wash.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.