We all go in fads of eating healthy and “being good”. We all do, especially come this time of year.
I know when I try to eat healthy I constantly have cravings for sweets. Its so bad, I often wonder how I’m going to be when I’m pregnant? Anyways, I always feel that protein bars do the trick to satisfy those cravings.
These little babies are just as good as any store-bought protein bar and a fraction of the price to make. Plus, they really hit the spot when you’re needing something sweet and will leave you full because of all of the added protein.
I used Arbonne Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder, which I love because its all-natural, kosher and contain NO animal products. These would also be great with chocolate protein powder!
Delicious, simple & inexpensive to make AND healthy? It’s a dream come true 🙂
Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites
(Makes 16 one-inch bars)
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
½ cup natural peanut butter
3-4 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I used Arbonne Vegan Protein Powder)
½ cup milk (I used 2%)
1 cup rice cereal (I used gluten-free Rice Krispie Treats)
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spray an 8”x8” baking dish with olive oil spray or line with parchment paper, set aside.
- Mix the first four ingredients together thoroughly. Once thoroughly combined, mix in rice cereal. (If the mixture isn’t sticking together, add a little bit more protein powder).
- Scoop protein mix into prepared baking dish and using the back of a rubber spatula, gently flatten the bars into the dish.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- While freezing, microwave chocolate chips for 15 second intervals, until chocolate is smooth and completely melted. Should take about 1-1 ½ minutes depending on the power of your microwave.
- Remove the bars from freezer, cut into 16 one-inch squares and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- These are best served cold. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
If you’d like more contact or would like to try a sample of Arbonne Protein Powder, please e-mail me!