Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Yes people, you CAN make desserts that don’t have pumpkin, cinnamon, spices, or apples in them. Its alright! Branch out!
This is what I keep telling myself on a daily basis. Why is it that some desserts just don’t sound appetizing during the fall?
Example: Lemon anything.
However, Peanut Butter has that rich flavor that we are all searching for this time of year. These were delicious!
Print This Post
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup oil (I use canola)
2 cups hot water
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ALL of the ingredients together in one bowl. Mix on Medium with a hand mixer or stand mixer for 3-5 minutes until all the ingredients are combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula half way through.
2. If you are making minis, bake for 11-13 minutes. For full size cupcakes bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
3. Let them cool completely before frosting.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
1. Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer or stand mixer. Be sure both are completely at room temperature or else your frosting won’t be smooth!
2. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get nice and fluffy
3. Use a Wilton’s decorating tip (I like the jumbo star tip one) and pipe frosting onto your cupcakes. Top with a piece of a Reese’s or better yet, one of those new MINI Reese’s (so cute.)!