You two make such a cute (and yummy) pair.
These cupcakes feature my one-bowl chocolate cake recipe and raspberry buttercream… topped off with chocolate ganache. The cake is fluffy, and rich in chocolate flavor while the frosting is smooth and creamy. Bet you won’t be able to eat just one!
Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream & Chocolate Ganache
(Makes 12 cupcakes)
Moist Chocolate Cupcakes:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup salted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3 Tablespoon heavy cream
4-5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Prepare the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners. Place all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl or in a bowl attached to a stand mixer. Blend until all ingredients are well combined, 2-3 minutes. Divide the batter between the 12 cupcake liners.
2. Bake the cupcakes for 18 to 20 minutes (careful not to overcook- that’s what dries out the cupcakes and won’t make them moist!), or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake, comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes completely before adding the frosting.
4. For Raspberry Butter Cream: Using the wire whisk attachment of your stand mixer, whip the butter on medium-high speed for 2 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl once or twice. Add raspberry preserves and beat for one more minute.
5. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the powdered sugar. Once all of the powdered sugar is incorporated, increase the speed to medium-high and add the vanilla, and add one Tablespoon at a time of the heavy cream until the frosting is creamy and smooth- no lumps! Use a star tip (like I did) or any technique to frost your cupcakes
6. For Chocolate Ganache: Please the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, then pour the chocolate into the pan, whisk until smooth. Allow ganache to cool for 15 minutes before pouring over frosted cupcakes. Enjoy your cuppies!