Chocolate& Mint. Another one of those delicious pairs that seem to go together so perfectly, especially at Christmas time.
I’m a stickler about my brownies. They must be chewy and fudgy, not dry or cakey whatsoever!
These Chewy Chocolate Mint Brownies didn’t disappoint. My handsome hubby described them as a giant Andes Mint… I kind of loved that comment. 🙂
AND congrats to Chip Chip Hooray! You’ve won the Wholesome Sweeteners Giveaway! Christmas will come early for you this year 🙂
Chewy Chocolate Mint Brownies
(makes 16 brownies)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×9 baking dish.
2. Combine the melted butter, oil, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each ingredients, until thoroughly blended.
3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate morsels. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake in preheated oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Remove and cool pan on wire rack and then transfer to the refrigerator for 1 hour before topping brownies with mint frosting.
1/4 cup softened butter
2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 1/2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
green food coloring
1. To make the mint frosting, cream the butter and confectioners’ sugar.
2. Add the heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time, beating until it is smooth and spreadable. Beat in the peppermint extract and tint to the desired shade with green food coloring.
3. Frost the cooled brownies, cover and chill for 1 hour.
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon butter
1. Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until the chocolate is slightly melted. Stir until smooth.
2. Pour the chocolate over the brownies and smooth it with a knife. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until the coating hardens.
3. Bring the brownies to room temperature, then cut into 16 pieces. Layer them on a piece on wax paper to transport or put in a cute box for the holidays!