Cheddar, bacon and garlic: three of my favorite savory flavors. I’m sure 90% of the world’s population would agree with me.
One of my friends recently went Gluten-Free (by choice) and I was dumbfounded when I found out. I understand gluten is terrible for you, but giving it up cold-turkey is something I could never do.
Trust me when I say, I will NOT be making these Cheddar & Bacon Biscuits on a regular basis for my hubby and I. However, they are a delicious, fluffy and an oh-so-savory treat on a cold winter day! And the garlic butter topping just take them to a whole other level. HEAVENLY!
Print This Post
Cheddar & Bacon Biscuits with Garlic Butter Topping
(Makes 18 large biscuits)
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, chilled and cut into cubes
6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
2 1/2 cups (packed) coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1 3/4 cups chilled buttermilk
Garlic Butter Topping:
4 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
garlic salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda in the bowl of a food processor; blend for 10 seconds.
3. Add butter and pulse until a coarse meal forms.
4. Transfer flour mixture to large bowl. Add bacon, cheddar cheese, chives; toss to blend. Gradually add buttermilk, stirring to moisten evenly (batter will feel sticky).
5. Using a cookie scoop, drop large rounded scoops of biscuit dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake until golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
7. In a small bowl, melt the butter along with the garlic and parsley in the microwave.
8. Brush tops of biscuits with garlic butter mixture and sprinkle with garlic salt to taste. Serve warm.