I created this Bundt cake by combining a few of my favorite things: Costco’s extra large Blueberry Muffins, the crumb topping on Starbuck’s Coffee Cake, and well… big old bundts.
I love all these things separately, so I morphed them all together to create this moist, dense, buttery Blueberry Muffin Bundt Cake. It’s everything the title says and more…
Blueberry Muffin Bundt Cake
2 ½ cups all purpose flour (plus 1 teaspoon for blueberries)
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/3 cup all purpose flour
½ cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup butter, melted
½ cup brown sugar, packed
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sugar
2 teaspoons milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degress. In a bowl, whisk 2 ½ cups flour with baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions of sour cream (ending with the flour).
3. In a bowl, toss blueberries with remaining teaspoon flour; gently fold into batter. Coat a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
4. Crumb Topping: Combine flour, oats, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle all of the topping into the bottom of prepared bundt pan.
5. Fill the bundt pan with batter.
6. Bake cake on bottom rack of oven at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 20 minutes before inverting. Invert cake onto a wire rack and cool completely before frosting (at least one hour).
8. While cake is cooling, prepare glaze. Combine sifted confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla and beat until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake and sprinkle with additional cinnamon-sugar if desired.