Lately I have been obsessed with eggs- scrambled, sunny-side up, fried, hard-boiled and now BAKED!
These eggs take on a wonderful flavor when baked, rather than cooked in the conventional manner. Its also so convenient being able to make 1 egg or 15 eggs at a time!
Simply multiply the recipe according to how many eggs you’d like.
Our magic number was 3- two for the hubby, one for me (although I easily could’ve eaten 4).
1 slice bacon
1 teaspoon melted butter
1/2 slice good quality Cheddar Cheese*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place bacon in a large, non-stick skillet. Cook bacon over medium-high heat until even brown on both sides, but not crispy.
3. Wrap bacon slice around the inside of a muffin cup. Place the melted butter in the bottom of the muffin cup. Drop in the egg.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Place cheese over egg, and continue cooking until cheese is melted and egg is cooked. (For me it took another 3 minutes- 15 minutes in total).
5. Garnish with some green onions, salt and pepper, and enjoy with a biscuit & cup-o-joe!
*I used Tillamook Sharp Cheddar, the higher the quality of cheese, the better your egg will taste.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes